South African Chefs Academy
While heading up kitchens at 5-star hotels and restaurants, South African Chefs Academy (SACA or SA Chefs Academy for short) founders saw how students and graduates came into the industry without the necessary skills or confidence they needed to succeed.
The South African Chefs Academy opened to bridge this gap.
Since its inception in 2004, the academy has strived to provide a practical course for chefs by chefs without the added extras that are not relevant to the kitchen.
What Makes SA Chefs Academy Different?
The academy teaches the classic French repertoire of cookery and believes that the best way for students to learn is through daily practical training.
SACA is proud to offer the most practically-intensive course in South Africa, equipping students to succeed in industry within just one year so that they can start working and earning as soon as possible.
What Courses Does SA Chefs Academy Offer?
Paul Hartmann - SACA founder - and his team (all experienced culinary professionals) instruct local and international students in hot kitchen and pastry at the Cape Town campus.
- One Year Professional Cookery & Pastry Diploma
- Six Months Professional Cookery Diploma
- Six Months Professional Pastry Diploma
- Food Preparation & Cooking Principles - 5 Month Day Release
- Professional Cookery Diploma - 5 Month Day Release
- Professional Pastry Certificate - 5 Month Day Release
- Maritime Health & Safety - 2 Day Program